Human Resource for Health Development
The Directorate is responsible for providing a framework for the planning, development and management of human resources for the health sector. It will also coordinate the activities of the health training institutions. The Directorate will also co-ordinate sector-wide training including fellowships.
It consists of the following units:
· Human Resource Planning
· Human Resource Development
· Human Resource Management
- To put in place an effective Human Resource Policy and Management Framework consistent with the overall manpower needs of the sector.
- To develop a mechanism for staff to be recruited, trained and retained, motivated and developed on a continuing basis for the efficient discharge of their duties.
- Establishes and maintains systems and procedures for planning training and manpower development for the sector
- Provides framework for the periodic review of Schemes of Service, job descriptions and job classifications of staff in the Sector.
- Assists in the determination of appropriate sectoral Human Resource levels consistent with the overall operational requirements of the sector.
- Keeps and updates records on fellowship related training of staff in the Sector.
- Periodically reviews rules, regulations and procedures relating to training.
- Advises on the preparation and application of training criteria, methodologies and techniques.