It is responsible for financial management policy, resource mobilization, disbursement, financial accounting and reporting. It is also responsible for managing the finances of the Ministry Headquarters.
It consists of the following units:
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Financial Management Services
- To safeguard the interest of the Ministry in all financial transactions relating to revenue and expenditure.
- To mobilize and disburse financial resources and provide/generate reports for management control.
- Facilitates the implementation of efficient financial management systems.
· Processes Headquarters’ transactions for Government of Ghana subventions, Health Fund and Earmarked funds.
- Prepares financial and management reports for MOH Headquarters’ operations.
- Assist Regulatory & Statutory Agencies of MOH with their Financial Management responsibilities.
Provision of Financial Information
- Prepares Financial and other statements of accounts for external purpose.
- Maintains Financial Information for management use for control purposes.
- Advice and support management in meeting their regulatory obligations in respect of financial accountability.
- · Leads in the development and implementation of accounting systems.
- Advises on information systems to meet the financial requirements of the Ministry.
Business Analysis and Measurement
- Assists in the planning and monitoring of Ministry’s performance
- Advises management for the control of expenditure and monitors the budgets.
- Prepares for and control the statutory audit process.
- Develops plans for monitoring and implementation of Audit findings.
- Promotes growth in the Ministry’s financial and physical asset.
- Monitors and maintain the Ministry’s cash flow requirement.
- Advises and assists the Ministry in controlling and investigating risks associated with fraud.
- Ensures judicious use of funds.
- Establishes and maintains safe, secure and healthy working environments.
- Develops and maintain effective and ethical relationships amongst all finance staff.
- Assists the HRD to ensure adequate Accounts staff, establishment for all agencies of Ministry of Health.
- Prioritizes on-going personnel and professional development of finance staff.